Wave Interaction & Propagation Engineer (ESA-ESTEC)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Wave Interaction & Propagation Engineer to support (primarily) Earth Observation projects. The position will be permanent and based in ESTEC.
Responsibilities of the Wave Interaction & Propagation Engineer
- Support to Earth Observation projects in the field of microwave (active and passive) remote sensing of natural surfaces (land and sea) and of atmosphere: wave interaction, data processing, retrieval algorithms and performance assessment;
- Support to internal activities and projects in the field of microwave propagation in the atmosphere: theoretical and empirical modeling, and related analysis of impact on telecom, navigation or data downlink for Earth Observation and Space Exploration missions R&D in related fields;
- Support to the experimental facility.
Profile of the Wave Interaction & Propagation Engineer
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Physics;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in the physics and/or engineering of microwave interaction with natural environment;
- Experience with microwave remote sensing observation concepts, ideally with experience with the performance assessment and the end-to-end simulation of atmospheric remote sensing instruments;
- Experience with microwave atmosphere propagation models;
- Good programming skills;
- Previous experience with experimental instruments (e.g. ground microwave radiometers) is considered an asset;
- Ideally also experience in the development and validation of retrieval algorithms for atmospheric remote sensing;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.