Transmission Engineer (NATO/NCIA)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Transmission Engineer to support NCIA NSII NCI work for NATO/NCIA Transmission Services in Mons, Belgium
Responsibilities of the Transmission Engineer
- Assist the lead engineers in providing Level 2 and 3 support for the managed transmission infrastructure services, particularly network management, system maintenance and engineering support on related NGCS and DCIS components and associated networks and their interfaces, applications and protocols.
- Provide on-line network management to cover fault, performance, accounting, configuration and security management of services provisioned via transmission components of NGCS and DCIS, both legacy TDM and current IP/MPLS.
- Provide engineering assistance for networking, interconnections through smart intelligent multiplexes and various data switching and routing equipment, and terminating equipment including. modem and cryptographic equipment.
- Provide engineering assistance in operations and maintenance of the assigned transmission systems, their interfaces and protocols.
- Provide engineering assistance in evaluation of incident reports trend analysis of the assigned systems and services and their associated networks.
- Provide engineering assistance in preparation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), operational advice notices, system/ equipment configuration, interface standards and procedures as requested and upon each change in within managed services and systems.
- Provide technical support in planning and implementation of system configuration changes and enhancement suggestions.
- Provide specialist advice and knowledge transfer to other staff members on matters concerning specialist competency area.
- Conduct technical reviews to ensure implementation projects comply with services and deployable systems requirements.
- Assist in development, maintenance and review of technical documentation to contribute to creation and improvement of methods, procedures and tools in relation to transmission services provisioning and design for both NGCS and DCIS managed systems and services.
- Verify, maintains, prepares and posts services and systems documentation, to include engineering guidance notes for CSU, CSSC and DCIS technical personnel.
- Assist and advise remotes sites to resolve technical transmission services incidents.
Profile of the Performance Simulation Engineer
- A university degree in ICT System Engineering and supplemented by substantial qualifications within the C4ISR Domain.
- Coupled 3 years of experience in O&M of digital and IP based telecommunication and transmission systems OR higher secondary education and advanced vocational training in Telecommunication Engineering and supplemented by substantial qualifications within the C4ISR Domain.
- Coupled with 8 years of experience in O&M of digital and IP based telecommunication and transmission systems.
- Preferable that the applicant has 1 year of NATO experience in this specific area.
- Knowledge of Alcatel Lucent Service Routers, Service Access Router and Switches, as well as Cisco routing and switching equipment.
- General experience in the installation, testing, integration and programming and configuration of IP/MPLS routing, switched and TDM networks.
- Knowledge and experience of modern communications systems such as IP/MPLS, DWDM as well legacy and TDM technology.
- Valid/active Alcatel Lucent Network Routing Specialist II (NRS II) or higher (or equivalent demonstrable knowledge).
- Valid/active Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) routing and switching or higher.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate in English.
- Experience on specific NATO transmission networks, interfaces and encryption devices.
- Related field experience in operation, administration and maintenance of digital and IP based telecommunication and transmission systems.
- SDH technology knowledge and/or experience.
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
- Related field experience and knowledge related to RAD Megaplex family of products and management tools.
- Must hold NATO Secret Security Clearance.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another NATO member-state language is an asset.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.