System Engineer IV&V (Eumetsat)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting System Engineers to work on site at EUMETSAT in Darmstadt. Successful candidates would contribute to maintaining the overall system design documentation of the existing and future ground segment level systems, data processing systems and multi-mission elements (MME’s), hereafter named as “systems”. When evolutions of these systems are proposed and implemented, successful candidates would analyses them and verify the system and interfaces coherence.
Responsibilities of the System Engineer IV&V
- Contribute to the System Requirements Definition process and/or maintaining existing requirements baselines
- Contribute to the maintenance, for all the operational ground systems, of a complete and consistent set of System Technical Documentation and the baseline
- Contribute to the creation of System Engineering models of Ground Systems using an MBSE approach (e.g. Enterprise Architect) and/or maintaining existing model baselines
- Perform technical analysis of system architecture and specification evolutions or major upgrades of the operational ground systems, for interfaces coherence and compatibility check with other ongoing developments
- Contribute to the IV&V testing approach for major evolutions of the operational ground systems and contribute to the co-ordination of the installation, integration and verification of new systems into the operational infrastructure
- Contribute to the various OPS & TSS Projects and associated reviews, as required, providing System Engineering contributions during the design phase and contribute actively to the definition of the IV&V activities
- Contribute to the assessment of Engineering Tasks providing System Engineering expertise to CRB’s and ARB’s
- Contribute to the impact analysis of ICT evolutions in operational systems
- Contribute to the analysis, investigations and resolution of system and ground segment level anomalies
- Provide expert inputs to EUMETSAT engineers on all related activities as requested
- Contribution to the OPS regular coordination processes as requested
- Tasks related to the development of new EUM programmes would be:
– Participate to the description of the system architecture and interfaces between external systems and the mission specific elements of the ground system (including data processing systems and MMEs);
– In coordination with the system and interface engineers of the future ground segment, ensure that the definition and documentation of new interfaces are compatible with the methodology used in Operations; this includes the use of common templates for Interface Control Document and the use of the same tool for maintaining the interfaces data dictionary;
– Provide support to the definition of the IV&V approach for the future ground systems.
– For the development and maintenance of ground segment systems, EUMETSAT applies an engineering method which is to be followed by the Contractor. This may require participation in daily coordination meetings and implies technical reporting via EUMETSAT tools. The engineering method is continuously improved and communicated to the Contractor.
Profile of the System Engineer IV&V
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another European member-state language is an asset
- Experience in the field of Systems Engineering and architectural design for data processing systems, MMEs and / or ground segment systems
- Capability to prepare system requirements and design documents, and to perform system-level analyses for complex satellite-based systems
- Experience of writing technical requirements (preferably to ECSS standards)
- Experience of interface management and definition
- Familiarity with mechanisms and tools for detailed interface definition
- Capability to prepare and manage ICD
- Use of modelling and design languages for System Engineering (e.g. SysML) and tools in support of architectural design activities (e.g. Enterprise Architect)
- Knowledge of space and ground system engineering processes, and system and software life-cycles and standards
- Definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS)
- Experience in Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) of complex systems
- Knowledge and experience in data processing and IV&V for Ground Segment
- Knowledge and experience in following fields would be considered as an asset: Dissemination, Archive systems, Ground Stations, Computer systems, Mission Control & Monitoring Systems
- It would be an asset to have knowledge and/or experience with some of the following:
– Full development cycle of large systems, from the definition of requirements to system design and testing;
– Configuration Control processes and tools;
– Familiarity with the ECSS standards.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.