System Administrator Microsoft COTS specialization
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a System Administrator with Microsoft COTS specialization to work at NATO NCIA in Germany
Responsibilities of the System Administrator
- Executing efficient maintenance (both in-house and outsourced), installation and testing, operation and user support of application software for the E-3A;
- Component data and mission support processes, hosted on NAEW&C networks and stand-alone IT/CIS Systems (Data and Support Software);
- Assisting with application administration for the assigned software applications, to include introduction and maintenance of user groups, user profiles and site content management of portal software;
- Ensuring that all assigned IT/CIS Services (including software, on-line and archived data, workflows, etc.) are adequately protected according to NATO and NAEW&C security directives, to include a viable disaster recovery capability;
- Providing technical support on assigned application software to external agencies, when required.
- Assisting in the product selection and acquisition, trial installations and walkthroughs, deployment, enabler training, testing and release for use, in-house and outsourced technical support and maintenance, and 2nd level user support of each assigned IT/CIS Service;
- Executing review, testing, documentation, implementation and release for use of data and applications software;
- Arranging for and participating in installation support for IT/CIS Service application software and data on server and client platforms, including configuration management (i.e. user and system administration, license monitoring, product version identification, etc.);
- Participating in analysis of causes and incidents of IT Service failures (including IT System trouble-shooting) and effecting appropriate action to correct problems;
- Providing support needed to ensure the continuous availability of all required software application functionalities.
Profile of the System Administrator
- Deep knowledge of hardware installation (cabling, racking, labelling, upgrading, maintaining, troubleshooting)
- Deep knowledge of MS Windows Server and associated core enterprise services (Windows Server, workstation operating systems, active directory management, MS Exchange, MS Lyne) – Installation, patching, administration, tuning, configuration, hardening/securing, troubleshooting;
- Deep knowledge of networking protocols, ports & topologies (TCP/IP configuration and troubleshooting);
- Deep knowledge of storage (SAN, NAS, Fibre Channel, NFS, ZFS – setup, install);
- A thorough understanding of backup techniques (configuration, administration, troubleshooting);
- Experience and thorough understanding of Disaster Recovery (HW /OS/Storage – planning, implementation, testing, documenting;
- Familiar with processes related to Change/Configuration management.
- Knowledge of Intel hardware (servers, disk and tape storage);
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012R2; DNS management; Group policy management;
- Knowledge of and experience with System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Operation Manager, System Center Orchestrator, Microsoft Deployment toolset,
- Understanding of Remote Desktop Gateway Services; Remote App provisioning;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert SharePoint
- Microsoft Technology Associate Developer
- Microsoft Technology Associate IT Infrastructure
- Must to hold a NATO Secret Security Clearance;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another NATO member-state language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.