Systems Administrator with Microsoft COTS
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a NATO Cleared Systems Administrator with Microsoft COTS experience to work onsite at NATO.
Responsibilities of the System Administrator
- Works on own initiative with limited supervision, may lead others as required;
- Plans, manages, coordinates and conducts work to meet quality targets
- Maintains and improves sound knowledge on implemented and new technologies;
- Analyses technical issues, plans, designs, requirements and associated risks, and takes appropriate actions on technical solutions to include advise to supervisors and actual implementation;
- Takes initiative to investigate and resolves issues in a systematic approach;
- Creates, installs, operates, maintains and supports server software images, both for Operating Systems and assigned applications, and stays abreast of latest developments in these areas;
- Analyses and resolves assigned level 2 incident and problem tickets;
- Maintains liaison with other CSU internal units, Service Lines and other external technical organisations;
- Documents the configuration of assigned CIS equipment and related operating procedures as well as execution of the latter;
- Implements procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of assigned CIS systems and provides reports as required;
- Assists with and implements assigned project work packages;
- Assists in developing new architectures as Subject Matter Expert in its assigned area of responsibility;
- Creates, installs, operates and maintains Linux server software images, both for Operating Systems and assigned applications, and stays abreast of latest developments in these areas;
- Supports and maintains mobile secure and unsecure infrastructure including 2nd Level support for iOS devices for VIP users;
- Performs any other duty as assigned;
Profile of the System Administrator
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience;
- Current in-depth knowledge and practical work experience of Microsoft Windows operating systems (latest versions) in a large-scale LAN-based client-server environment using Active Directory Services;
- Current in-depth knowledge and practical work experience of Linux operating systems in a large-scale heterogeneous client server network;
- Current knowledge and recent practical experience of mainstream hypervisors (VMware);
- Current knowledge and recent practical experience in using mainstream Mobile Device Managers (MobileIron);
- Server side scripting (Microsoft PowerShell and Linux bash shell);
- A sound knowledge of the issues and techniques of information processing and web services experience with data management and storage facilities, including practical analytical experience of IT servers and system architecture implementations;
- A good awareness of access security and knowledge on how to implement security policies, with a good understanding and knowledge of systems usability;
- Recent experience with server clustering technology, storage systems and backup systems;
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Management of a groups of Oracle Linux (or RedHat) servers, possibly clustered, in a High Availability configuration;
- Storage systems and Storage Area Networks including their cluster services.
- Must have NATO Secret Security Clearance (NATO Cosmic Top Secret Clearance is preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another NATO member state language is desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.