Space Resource Strategy Analyst (ESA-ESTEC)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Space Resource Strategy Analyst who will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the ESA Space Resource Strategy. This includes the maintenance of the strategy, the coordination of all related actions implemented within the European Space Exploration Envelope Programme and other relevant ESA programmes, the monitoring of progress and outcomes achieved as well as the implementation of stakeholder community building and engagement actions.
Find more information about ESA’s Space Resource Strategy here.
Specifically, the main responsibilities will encompass the following activities:
Responsibilities of the Space Resource Strategy Analyst
- Monitoring the progress achieved in delivering the ESA Space Resource Strategy as well as for regularly updating it, considering the evolving international and European context and stakeholder community inputs
- Definition and implementation of related ESA funded ground-based research and supporting the establishment and operations of the European Innovation Centre for Space Resources
- Implementing activities and assigned studies aimed at integrating space resources into future space exploration mission architectures and supporting the identification of related cooperation opportunities with European institutions and international Partners
- Analyzing the space resources value chain and economic impacts as well as identifying opportunities for engaging new organizations in ground and space-based research and development activities. This includes the identification and assessment of potential commercial applications derived from Space Resources related investments in research and development
- Establishing and managing partnerships with European and international organisations aimed at advancing the challenge-driven Space Resources Strategy
- Leading the definition and implementation of stakeholder community building and engagement actions
- Identifying knowledge gaps and critical technologies for extraction and mining of Space resources and establishing and maintaining an overall technology maturation plan
- Establishing and implementing a comprehensive approach for managing Space Resources related knowledge
- Monitoring the international and European policy and legal framework for Space Resources and assessing implications on ESA activities
- In performing these tasks, the post holder will work closely with the ESA internal innovation network build across all Directorates, the ESA team for Science in Space, experts from the ESA Technical Directorate, Members of the Spaceship EAC (European Astronaut Centre) initiative and Technical Officers implementing Space Resources related study and development activities
Profile of the Space Resource Strategy Analyst
- Master’s Degree or equivalent qualification in engineering and/or science. An additional master’s in business and administration is considered an asset.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- In depth knowledge of space resources related research and development
- Knowledge of space system engineering
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge of area of responsibility
- Knowledge of innovation processes and tools
- Knowledge of the global space exploration plans and programmes
- Driving performance
- Developing and motivating people
- Fostering cooperation and effective team working
- Desired Competencies: results orientation, systems and broader business thinking, innovation and creativity, relationship management, teamwork, communication
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.