Software Network Engineer
We have an opening for a software network engineer to assist in the development of a new global military satellite communications (MILSATCOM) ground system that will manage transmission of protected tactical waveform — a type of secure, anti-jam communication — over existing satellites and terminals. The successful candidate will execute hub system engineering in a fast-paced agile environment. We seek candidates who have hands on experience of network design, system design, software development and agile methodologies. You will be involved in the development life-cycle from idea creation to implementation. This position will place you in a role where you have the opportunity to make an impact on the results of the project.
Responsibilities of the Software Network Engineer
- Execute satellite hub system design to work from system requirements through to system delivery.
- Perform trade analyses on various networking design options including hands-on prototyping work.
- Develop robust system and high-level software designs that meet requirements.
- Collaborate with customers, software engineering and program management to develop system design solutions that meet requirements.
- Resolve system design issues raised by implementation teams in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure that all requirements are traceable to implementation and test cases including assistance generating effective test plans.
Profile of the Software Network Engineer
- BS in engineering related discipline
- In depth experience of computer networking principles
- 8+ years of software development experience in C and/or C++
- 8+ years system design experience including the development of system design documents
- 8+ years’ experience of system design of complex communications systems
- 8+ years’ experience writing technical documents for external customers
- US Citizen
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.