Sapienza is recruiting a Software Engineer to be based in Tokyo, Japan. If you would like to be at the forefront of technology working for an innovative NewSpace venture where you are working alongside some of the smartest people in the industry, then this could be your dream job.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer
- Building the systems necessary to provide a service using multiple satellites in collaboration with the team developing the satellite’s on-board software. Developing algorithms, performing system design, implementing and improving the software for this purpose.
- Working hand-in-hand with front-end engineers to interface the satellite operation system to the user-oriented part of the platform.
- Writing code and libraries that are easy to maintain and highly reusable.
- Staying up to date with the latest technology trends.
- Working closely with other tech teams, partners and vendors to preserve compatibility and re-usability.
- Other tasks as directed.
Profile of the Software Engineer
- A degree in computer science or work experience equivalent to that.
- Experience designing or developing with PostgreSQL or a similar open-source RDBM system.
- High proficiency in Python or C++14, or enough other experience to make quickly catching up with these technologies easy.
- Experience developing software on Unix/Linux systems.
- Experience with Git.
- Enthusiasm in learning new things and making new experiences.
- Ability to communicate in English about technical topics over documents, live conversations, emails and chat.
- Business-level Japanese proficiency.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, ect.)
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with automatic deployments.
- Personal interest in new programming languages (e.g. Rust) and the desire to start using them at work.
- Experience in management or interest in management positions in the future.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.