Site Reliability Engineer
Sapienza is recruiting a Site Reliability Engineer to be based in Tokyo, Japan. If you would like to be at the forefront of technology working for an innovative NewSpace venture where you are working alongside some of the smartest people in the industry, then this could be your dream job. A huge opportunity for this person to fast track into management.
Responsibilities of the Site Reliability Engineer
He/she would be responsible for one or both of the following:
- Construction and operation of a cloud infrastructure supporting our clients’ web application.
- Development and operation of software to automate the release flow, collect/analyze logs and improve the performance and security of the system.
Profile of the Site Reliability Engineer
- Degree in Computer Science or work experience equivalent to it.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP and other networking concepts.
- Experience developing software to automate deployment and operation environments.
- Experience building and operating a cloud-based infrastructure on AWS or GCP.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies.
- Ability to have daily conversations in English.
- Experience building and operating a database.
- Experience in outage incident response, troubleshooting and fault-tolerant development.
- Experience developing and operating cloud-managed services or distributed systems using technologies like Apache Kafka and HDFS.
- Experience operating HTTP server middleware such as Nginx and Memcached.
- Knowledge of security notions and experience implementing security countermeasures.
- Experience with performance-tuning for image delivery.
- Experience in management or interest in management positions in the future.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.