Senior Satellite Communications System Engineer
Sapienza Consulting are looking to recruit a highly experienced Senior Satellite Communications System Engineer to be based in London, United Kingdom. The incumbent will be responsible for the planning, coordination and/or execution of a wide range of tasks including but not limited to transmission planning, payload configuration definition, payload contingency planning, end-to-end link design and dimensioning, link and service performance analysis and troubleshooting.
The post holder will be responsible for undertaking spectrum resource management and satellite communications engineering tasks to support the company’s operations, analysis and pre-sales support activities, monitoring and trending of satellite capacity and performance for all our satellite fleet, and overall engineering of end-to-end satellite systems.
Responsibilities of the Senior Satellite Communications System Engineer
- Communications Payload Engineering;
- Link budget analysis;
- Transmission planning;
- Payload Redundancy Strategy planning and processes;
- Preparation of operational processes documentation;
- Participation in relevant operations reviews and meetings;
- RF performance analysis, investigation and troubleshooting;
- Provision of technical support to the Products, Pre-Sales and Marketing teams/functions.
- Occasional technical representations within and outside the company as required to support sales activities;
- Coordination between the Networks, Hub Operations, Gateway Operations and Satellite Operations teams for system-wide operations;
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and improvement of existing and planned SRM software tools for modelling and simulation of end-to-end system performance;
- Maintain awareness of technology trends, assist in the development of new products and services and be able to outline their architectural implementation and support trials;
Profile of the Senior Satellite Communications System Engineer
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field
- Proficiency in link budget analysis.
- 5 years’ experience in a satellite operations environment focusing on satellite communications engineering and satellite resource management, transmission planning and communication payload operations.
- Good understanding of and experience in satellite communications engineering with knowledge of RF, spectrum resource allocation, digital communications, air interface communications standards such as DVB-S2/S2X, DVB-RCS as well as digital modulation schemes/techniques;
- Understanding of payload design and operation, including power and thermal budgets and constraints.
- Practical experience in the commissioning and testing of satellite systems – satellite and ground based
- Confidence in working directly with potential customers and subcontractors in a technical capacity;
- Ability to work independently and effectively, co-coordinating tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communications and inter-personal skills (written and verbal);
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.