Senior Satcom Systems Engineer – DoD
The SATCOM Systems Engineer designs and implements network solutions for DoD customer requirements. He/she will draft technical solutions for customer requirements and RFPs. Evaluate SATCOM components and integrate the same into proposed solutions. When called upon, the incumbent will provide support to the program team, as appropriate, through facilitation, information sharing, analysis and reviews. Ideally this person will already have previous experience working with US Government customers.
Responsibilities of the Senior Satcom Systems Engineer
- Designs customer solutions for specific customer and product requirements
- Develops IP addressing plan for customer SATCOM network
- Generates as-built engineering drawings and documentation
- Specifies equipment, generates, and issues purchase requisitions for equipment and services
- Develops and executes engineering activities to include transmission planning, link budget analysis, network design, budgetary pricing, network enhancements, and technical briefings
- Generates and develops service acceptance test plans
- Performs systems acceptance testing and service commissioning
- Generates test reports
- Makes recommendations, configures, controls, and implements Quality of Service (QoS) as directed by the Government customer
- Travels (if required) and performs on-site equipment installation, integration and testing
- Provides technical support to field operations personnel in resolving circuit problems/issues
Profile of the Senior Satcom Systems Engineer
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field and 4 years relevant experience OR an associate degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR at least 12 years relevant experience with no degree. Relevant experience includes military experience on similar complex SATCOM equipment.
- U.S. Citizen who must be able to obtain or possess a Top-Secret DOD clearance.
- Travel approx. 10%
- At least three years’ experience in network design
- At least three years’ experience in the following:
- IP network design, addressing, and routing
- M&C systems and SNMP architecture and Network Management Systems
- Communications systems design and implementation
- RF systems/SATCOM system design/implementation, modulation schemes/encoding skills
- Understands spectrum management and planning
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written)
- Ability to effectively interact with management, technical resources, and sales personnel
- Excellent organizational and team skills
- Ability to read and interpret procedures, work instructions, schematics, diagrams, and assembly instructions.
- Proficient with the use of hand and power tools and electrical/electronic test equipment.
- Experience working in a military environment.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to travel, interface directly with the customer, work independently or as part of a team, and provide written status to management.
- Experience working in the field, independently as a Field Service Engineer or representative a plus.
- Experience with MS Office products including Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, and Visio.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification a plus
- Experienced in proposal writing for responding to customer request for proposals preferred.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.