Senior Principal Hardware Engineer – SatCom
Sapienza consulting is recruiting a senior hardware communications system engineer to help our client develop the next generation of satellite communications systems. The incumbent will enjoy a variety of responsibilities ranging across the entire life cycle, including: initial conceptual system design; analysis, simulation, and specification; implementation; integration and test; performance monitoring; and end-of-life transition to the next system.
Responsibilities of the Senior Principal Hardware Engineer – SatCom
- Review internal or external requirements for satellite systems; refine or generate appropriate system-level requirements
- Interact with other teams to invent creative and mutually acceptable system solutions
- Analyze, model, and simulate candidate designs. What is the capacity of a system? How does it deal with congestion? Resistance to interference, noise, and other degradations?
- Write and review specifications, design documents, reports and presentations
Profile of the Senior Principal Hardware Engineer – SatCom
- Must be a U.S. person (e.g., U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident) as position requires access to U.S. export restricted materials.
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering, Communications Systems Engineering, or allied fields
- 15+ or more years of experience in satellite communications systems, either in ground systems or satellite systems.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Communications Systems Engineering, or allied fields
- Understanding of communications theory
- Knowledge of satellite system architectures (GEO, MEO, LEO)
- Ability to develop a variety of simulation models of satellite communications systems, including determining system capacity, error rate performance, queuing, traffic management, etc.
- Ability to create and use detailed link budgets
- Excellent communications skills: ability to write technical specifications and reports clearly and concisely; ability to present ideas and results effectively
- Knowledge of hardware and software architectures
- Skill in using a variety of simulation and modeling tools and programming languages
- Familiarity with ITU-R and FCC regulations as they apply to satellites and ground equipment
- Familiarity with DVB-S2 and other wireless standards in the terrestrial and satellite realm
- Awareness of GRASP and antenna performance parameters
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.