Senior Principal Engineer
We have an urgent opening for a Senior Principal Engineer who has a solid background in software design.
Responsibilities of the Senior Principal Engineer
- Work from system requirements through to system delivery
- Develop robust system and high-level software designs that meet requirements
- Collaborate with customers, software engineering and program management to develop, test and integrate software solutions that meet requirements
- Resolve issues raised by implementation teams in a timely and effective manner
Profile of the Senior Principal Engineer
- 10+ years’ software design experience including the development of software design documents
- 10+ years’ experience of computer networking principles
- 10+ years of software development experience in C and C++
- 10+ years’ experience reviewing software implementations to ensure they meet system requirements
- 10+ years’ experience writing technical documents for external customers
- Experience working on government systems and/or government process environment
- Experience working in agile project environment.
- Experience working on satellite telecommunications systems.
- Experience with a requirements management tool (e.g. DOORS)
- Experience with a configuration management tool (e.g. Clearcase)
- Experience of satellite hub/gateway system design
- Experience with Networking protocols (Layer 2, Layer3), packet flows, queuing and prioritization schemes
- Must be a US citizen
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.