Senior Business Development Manager – DoD
Sapienza is recruiting a Senior Business Development Manager who possesses deep knowledge of the SATCOM domain and has a strong background in selling complex communications systems and service solutions to the Department of Defense. The incumbent will have the ability to hold high-level technical discussions with peers, internal technical personnel and client/partner technical personnel. With an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to help clients, he/she will use outstanding business and technical skills in identifying solutions for clients.
Responsibilities of the Senior Business Development Manager – DoD
- Manage development and sale of defense communications systems in the DoD and Intelligence Communities (IC).
- Represent the company directly to government agencies and to strategic prime contractors at all levels of the organization, especially military officers, high ranking civilians and senior management; but also, effective in engaging with technical leaders, evaluators, and other technical stakeholders/influencers.
- Responsible for business development/selling and overall sales management.
- Guide sales efforts to expand business with existing customers and use his/her existing networks of senior contacts to win new customers.
- Work with partners to conceptualize win-win scenarios for partnering.
- Lead activities for joint sales and marketing with partners and maintains frequent contact and communications with these partners.
Profile of the Senior Business Development Manager – DoD
- Must be U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident – position requires access to U.S. export restricted materials (ITAR).
- Bachelor of Science required, preferably in engineering, telecommunications or computer science
- 8 or more years of marketing DoD business opportunities
- 8 or more years of development and sale of Defense Communications Systems
- 5 or more years of experience with satellite communications
- 5 or more years of experience with the DoD communications community including major commands, classified customers and the airborne ISR community
- Secret clearance required
- Experience communicating technical capabilities and solutions to customers.
- Previous military experience, especially in the acquisitions community
- Previous experience in US Army
- Previous experience within the intelligence community
- Existing TS and or TS/SCI clearance with a recent background investigation
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.