SBAS System Performance Engineer (ESA-EGNOS)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an SBAS System Performance Engineer to support EGNOS V2 and V3 projects and future activities in the EGNOS and SBAS Division in Toulouse.
Responsibilities of the SBAS System Performance Engineer:
- The overall role is to support the EGNOS Head of Section in carrying out the following duties.
- Supporting mission definition and evolution activities including support for performance related aspects in establishing statement of compliance to Mission Requirements and subsequent elaboration of performance related System Requirements, including the support to the related Change Control Boards for Mission and System;
- Support the management of industrial activities related to EGNOS performance compliance, tools, justification and qualification of compliance and maintenance of associated performance budget;
- Ensuring traceability to higher level requirements documents, including specific performance aspects for mission and standards requirements;
- Support the management of the compliance and associated deviation to performance related requirements;
- Support the specific NAV-Chain related task force processes with respect to EGNOS performance compliance;
- Support the approval of industry performance qualification strategy and associated design justification files;
- Supporting the preparation and management of performance-related engineering technical assistance work package with the EGNOS contractors;
- Support the follow-up of the industrial activities related to design flowdown of the performance requirements and in particular the lower level specifications and their consistency with the system DJF/DDF documentation;
- Provide co-secretariat function to the performance panel of all major reviews linked to EGNOS;
- Contributing to the EGNOS development plans for performance related topics;
- Supporting the activities of the division system Qualification, Safety, Security and AIV engineers as required;
- Preparing reports for internal and external entities, such as ESA management, GSA, ANSP Working Group and MRD CCB;
- Support the coordination with the GSA regarding all aspects related to EGNOS performance related service provision issues;
- Perform analysis of consistency with other R&D programme activities that contribute to the EGNOS V3 programme and its evolutions.
- Contribution to future evolutions via performance simulations and related “what-if studies”.
- Support the management of performance related Customer Furnished Items (CFI) related to system performances (e.g. IONO scenarios, Constellation Definition and Performances, Feared Event Definitions).
- Reporting during the regular SE team coordination meeting
- Monthly activities report supporting the service KPI collection
- Quarterly report in preparation to Industrial progress meeting
- Review organization notes, RIDs, Performance Panel Report and associated presentations
- Presentation of MoMs from various performance related internal and external meetings
- Systematic mission report
- Contribution to System related Plans and Roadmaps for performance aspects
- Performance related Customer Furnished Items (CFIs)
- Performance related deviations and waivers to mission requirements
- Performance related contributions to the System Requirements Document
- Statements of Work, TEB Reports for dedicated performance related activities
Profile for the SBAS System Performance Engineer:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, physics or Computer science with proven knowledge and experience in the fields of Navigation and related data.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge and experience in EGNOS standards and performance issues
- Knowledge and experience in EGNOS integrity & continuity justification files
- Knowledge and experience in EGNOS mission performance requirements analysis
- Knowledge and experience in EGNOS system performance related design & justification
- Knowledge and experience in GNNS signals and R&D projects (e.g. studies of performance aspects related to mission evolutions, new services, extended areas or alternative means of dissemination) HW and SW real-time development experience would be an advantage
- Experiences in, procurement of industrial activities, in safety critical systems.
- Knowledge and experience in using and assessing EGNOS performance simulations and tools
- Good knowledge of MS office tools;
- Good knowledge of DOORs;
- Organization, good practical sense, being able to work effectively in a team and be able to autonomously take decision in his field of responsibility.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- Previous working experience in a multinational environment.
- Fluent in English, with autonomy in writing technical notes, specifications and reports;
- Knowledge of French is desirable (spoken / understanding).
- Availability and willingness to travel for missions inside or outside Europe
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.