RF Operations and Test Engineer
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an experienced Operations and Test Engineer to support a critical RF/communications project. Our clients’ technical team is designing, building, integrating, and testing space hardware and software in a rapid and agile manner. The immediate role of this operations/test engineer will be to support testing of the payload hardware and software in the lab environment as well as out in the field. Testing and operations will require bench level knowledge of working with electronic systems, computers, hardware, and software. The operations/test engineer will be responsible for leading the development and optimization of the company’s operations and testing procedures and policies on an on-going basis. The right candidate will enjoy working in the lab environment and using tools and utilities like a spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, multimeter, simulators, etc. to verify functionality and debug/troubleshoot potential hardware and software issues. They will also enjoy designing, setting up, and executing software-in-the-loop, hardware-in-the-loop, and in-the-field tests/simulations to verify technology functions (or concepts).
Responsibilities of the RF Operations and Test Engineer
- Integrate space and lab hardware electronics and design test beds (fixtures, procedures, etc.) for operational verification of technologies (hardware and software).
- Design, develop, specify and maintain hardware and software for Electronic Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) to be used to support spacecraft payload verification (particularly before, during, and after functional an environmental testing).
- Bench level work with electronics and bit-level analysis to debug and troubleshoot issues which arise during testing (including functional and environmental testing).
- Inform the design, develop, and optimization of company’s operational testing procedures/policies for our on-going R&D campaign for our space technology.
- Conduct and organize in-field testing efforts and plans.
- Responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of our clients’ lab space.
- Documentation of testing procedures and payload operational procedures.
- Write software to interact with devices/electronics using I2C, SPI, RS-422, RS-485, Ethernet, etc. communications
- Write device drivers and system applications in Unix, Linux, and Windows
- Reverse engineering and analysis of software
- Knowledge of various Operating Systems (OS) including embedded versions
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
Profile of the RF Operations and Test Engineer
- A Bachelor’s in Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience integrating, and testing communications hardware and computers is required
- Hands-on experience with integrating hardware and software systems required
- Experience performing reverse engineering, analysis of software or low-level programming strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience working with microcontrollers and single-board computers required
- Experience with standard RF lab equipment is required: Oscilloscopes, Spectrum/Vector Network Analyzer, Multimeter, soldering iron/gun/air reflow, etc.
- Developed embedded software systems in one or more of the following operating system environments is a plus: Unix, Linux
- Experience with telecommunications industry (3GPP protocols and networks) is a plus.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies is highly desired.
- Must be a US citizen
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.