Hi there! Glad to see that you landed on this vacancy. In short: we are a team of young and dynamic recruiters from all over the world who are looking for another addition to our division. Together, we will be able to support the European Space Agency in their (space) missions, help out NATO in their needs, and cooperate with other governmental players in this interesting field. In our lovely office here in Noordwijk, you will recruit Engineers, Project Controllers, Administrative Assistants, Financial professionals etc. from all over the world!
Let us introduce ourselves: Sapienza Consulting is a leading provider of space and defence mission and project support through people, software and services. We are a preferred supplier for the European Space Agency (ESA) and NATO’s Communication and Information (NCI) Agency as well as space industry companies and European bodies. We currently recruit for The Netherlands, UK, Belgium, France and Germany, Luxembourg and we are still growing!
If space missions, rocket science and a dab of defence activities sound interesting, we strongly advise you to read on…
What exactly would you be doing as a Recruiter (apart from flying to the moon)?
- Review and analyse our client’s job descriptions, extracting the core responsibilities and requirements to better understand the type of candidate to look for;
- Schedule and plan the different roles to ensure all deadlines are met;
- Advertise the vacancy through appropriate channels, ensuring that active applicants are reached;
- Actively source candidates to ensure that passive applicants are reached;
- Review applicants submissions to evaluate if they meet the position requirements;
- Perform pre-screening and preliminary interviews in person and over the phone;
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the database;
- Ensure all required documents for client submissions are perfect to ensure that our candidates get the best representation possible;
- Provide support arranging interviews and relocation assistance;
- Contribute to our growth by providing us with your opinion and helping us streamline our processes and procedures.
What should you already be able to do/know (apart from rocket science)?
- A few years of experience in recruitment ideally with technical positions (eg. Software, hardware, electronics, system engineering) where reaching out to passive candidates was the rule rather than the exception; or something similar which would allow easy transfer into this post;
- A technical degree will be considered a very strong asset;
- IT savvy and able to pick up new IT tools with ease;
- Fluent in English with outstanding communication skills and telephone manners; knowledge of another European language would be considered an asset;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent sense of discretion and confidentiality;
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to work under pressure in a deadline oriented and fast paced environment;
- High degree of self-motivation, energy and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Willing and able to undergo NATO security clearance;
- Eligible to work in the EU;
- Baking skills in order to provide us with sweet (or savoury, we’re flexible) treats are a clear advantage.
What type of person are we looking for (you don’t have to be an astronaut…)?
- You have no problems approaching people;
- You are keen on getting to know the space & defence industry from a recruitment perspective;
- You have no problems demonstrating perseverance! Recruitment requires people who are not afraid to chase what they need!
- You are deadline and target oriented and have a high level of accuracy;
- You are flexible and enthusiastic and made out of steel – nothing can break you!
- You have a good understanding of technical recruitment aspects.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.