Quality Assurance Engineer (LEO Missions)
For EUMETSAT based in Darmstadt, Germany, we are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Consultant within the Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Division
Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Implement EUMETSAT QA policies in the assigned areas, in accordance with the Programme specific QA plan
- Update the Programme specific QA plan as necessary
- Follow-up the satellite procurement activities performed by ESA
- Provide QA consultancy during the storage phases of the satellites
- Follow up any repair activity necessary on instruments embarked on Metop-C satellite
- Support, monitor and witness (as requested) Satellite AIT activities regarding instruments
- Manage and support the Anomalies Review Board (ARB) and
- Material Review Board (MRB)
- Provide QA consultancy during the launch preparation activities (as requested)
- Participate to the launch campaign, if requested.
- Provide consultancy to the definition of the QA procedures for the preparation of Phase C/D of the programmes
- Provide QA consultancy for the implementation of processes focused in the area of the Ground Segment procurement
- Provide consultancy to the regular monitoring of established metrics on the main processes within Ground Segments
- Provide QA consultancy to the GS development activities
- Preparation and consultancy to the execution of project reviews process
- Provide consultancy to the QA requirements internal review process.
- Provide QA consultancy for the implementation of Configuration Management processes
- Provide consultancy to the LEO QA Manager for all Programme specific QA aspects and brief the LEO QA Manager on the main issues identified in the Programme specific meetings
Profile of the Quality Assurance Engineer:
- A university degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 5 years in space systems (space/ground segments) with at least 3 years of experience in project QA positions.
- Hands-on experience in QA processes definition, implementation, monitoring and control;
- Hands-on experience in risks management and lessons learned processes;
- Experience in a rational application of quality international standards (e.g. ISO and ECSS);
- Hands-on experience in managing, reporting and following of procured items
- Knowledge of project management and project planning, including the ability to identify and report on critical paths;
- Some knowledge of requirements management tools, e.g. DOORS;
- Ability to draft management reports and executive summaries in English; Full fluency to communicate in English;
- Hands-on experience of working on collaborative programmes between different partners;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Good interpersonal skills, including mediation skills;
- Very good attitude to team working.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.