Programme/Project Controller (ESA-ESTEC)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Programme/Project Controller to assist in a coordinating internal resources and activities, interfacing with line management and stake holders in Navigation Directorate in ESA.
Responsibilities of the Programme/Project Controller
Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects /programmes activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower including support, etc. including:
- Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans
- Assisting in the definition and in maintaining related work/procurement plans and related execution and contract actions plans using local tools as applicable
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and preparation of related reports and provision of management information as required
- Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications
In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for programme/project(s):
- Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium term and in-year resource plans
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery actions, producing related reports
- Reviewing / checking of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support services andpurchases for consistency with Cost–at– Completion (CAC) of industrial contracts
- Checking commitments for consistency with budgets and ESA’s procedures andconsumption of commitment ceiling and initiating related budgetary transfers as required
In the field of procurements and execution of contracts:
- Support to the preparation and follow-up of the Agency’s tender actions.
- Support to the proposal evaluations as expert for the price and schedule verification and analysis.
- Support to the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data entry of the milestone payment plans in the Agency’s system(s)
- Contributing to the elaboration, consolidation of related procurement workplans and detailed implementation plans (e.g. Contract Action Plan baseline) and related commitment consumption, cost and disbursement profiles
- Ensuring that above plans are properly inserted in the appropriate management tools
- Following-up of the progress of the procurement actions and contracts, and keeping track of status and maintaining the current actual and forecasting in the appropriate ESA tools
- Creating related objects in ESA-p, maintaining corresponding information in local applications as required and ensuring the correctness and coherence of related information
- Monitoring and controlling of timely implementation of actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including monitoring of financial commitments, payment milestones and invoicing
- Supporting industrial invoicing process and payment verification and control.
- Provision of support to the Programmes and Projects. Depending on the size of the programmes/ projects and the organisation of the ESA responsible entity the activity may cover one of several programmes/projects. This may include different categories of ESA programmes/projects in relation to the nature of the corresponding activities, such as space programmes/projects, study and R&D activity programmes, EC projects and activities, etc
Profile of the Programme/Project Controller
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Business Administration or equivalent
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Quick learner, diligent and accurate
- Able to work autonomously and with initiative whilst remaining a team player
- Service orientated
- Familiarity with SAP and good proficiency in MS Excel a ‘must’
- The work associated to this position can require handling of classified documentation. The candidate shall confirm to be eligible and willing to apply to a Personal Security Clearance. The previous possession of a Personal Security Clearance will be considered positively
- Knowledge of contract procurement process
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.