Product Manager (Emergency)
Sapienza is looking to recruit an experienced Product Manager to be based in the US. The Product Manager for EEE will manage the development and delivery of our clients’ emergency, disaster response and resilience group of services. In this role, the Product Manager (EEE) acts as the general manager and the subject area expert. The Product Manager (EEE) leads and coordinates all activities related to the creation, marketing, and development of EEE products.
Responsibilities of the Product Manager (Emergency)
The Product Manager (EEE) will be responsible for flexibly straddling and integrating work in the domains of sales and business development, engineering, regulatory, policy and other products related to EEE services, to include:
- Define, promote, and execute the company’s EEE strategy.
- Researching and defining the value propositions that our clients’ company can bring to the area of emergency, disaster response and resilience communications.
- Determine the market size, if any, and opportunities for growth for new EEE customers and partners
- Establish collaborative relationships with the key EEE-related stakeholders including mobile network operator (MNO) emergency operations teams, government bodies for civil defence/public safety/emergency management, telecom regulators, humanitarian agencies, providers of first line response, and agencies developing international requirements in this area.
- Support the business development team in managing and enhancing relationships with partner MNOs to achieve the EEE strategic objective, and support for contracting for EEE services.
- Guide, support and implement the Company’s communications strategy for EEE services, including serving as an effective Company spokesperson at both private and public events.
- Guide engineering development and promotional projects within product line.
- Manage the testing and deployment of EEE services in targeted markets.
- Provide knowledge domain support to create alignment on service deployment and communications, including sales collateral, product requirements and marketing materials.
- Create and maintain an up-to-date knowledge base for EEE technologies, deployments and markets.
- Identify key resources (technologies, expertise, research, etc.) to deliver EEE services along with budgetary requirements.
- Identify, research and analyze cost structures for the provision of EEE services (fixed and variable) alongside potential revenue and value gains for the company.
- Research and track spectrum opportunities linked to EEE, and support responses to regulator input requests.
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities with Government, International and local agencies working in the field. Manage any subsequent funding requirements and deliverables.
Profile of the Product Manager (Emergency)
- BS required (engineering or telecom related desired) or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years communications wireless industry experience, with 5+ years of experience working with MNOs.
- 5+ years of working on Emergency telecommunications, with a background in business continuity and disaster response services.
- 5+ years of working with Government agencies, regulators and public safety.
- 5+ years Product or Program Management experience required
- Product or Program Management experience in the development and deployment of telecommunication services through MNOs.
- Experience working with the Humanitarian and Development agencies including international NGOs, Global agencies such as the UN and existing alert service providers.
- Knowledge and experience of mobile emergency technologies, such as Cell Broadcast, SMS, MCPTT, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of NGO and Government agency disaster resilience and response procedures and standards.
- Experience of co-operative marketing and support with MNOs and other key partners
- Superior research and analytical skills
- In depth understanding of programme deployment processes
- Effective public speaking skills
- Strong negotiations skills
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills
- Desire to work in a demanding, high energy environment and comfort for ambiguity, with the ability to handle uncertainty and work to reduce it for the business.
- International travel required (20-30% time)
- International experience desired, especially in APAC, MENA and LATAM markets.
- Must be a US citizen
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.