Sapienza are recruiting a Procurement Manager in the UK who comes from the space sector. He/she will become part of the procurement team, which is responsible for procuring goods and services to the company enabling operations across the entire organisation. You will be responsible for sourcing, executing and managing contracts for a variety of products and / or services that range in value and complexity. On the services, this could cover (but not limited to) the following commodities: Launch services, Ground Segment services or Insurance. On the products side, this could cover (but not limited to) different kind of subsystems such Propulsion, Harnesses or Payload but also direct materials such mechanical and PCB parts.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Manager
Issue Requests for Proposals/Quotes, performing proposal fact-finding and price and cost analysis, developing negotiation strategies utilizing supplier cost & pricing data, contract terms and conditions and preparing contractual documents and binding agreements. This includes (but not limited to):
o Keeping purchasing data up to date in the information systems and guarantees their integrity
o Ensuring that Suppliers deliver on their contract commitments and tracks their performance
o Providing the information needed for Acquisition forecasts and related requirements, in order to improve the strategy and to ensure better globalization
o Handling disputes with Suppliers
o Creating Purchasing orders in the information system, in line with the terms/contracts negotiated
o Tracking delivery with suppliers (reminders, disputes, receipt tracking, invoicing), identifies risks of non-fulfillment and alerts stakeholders
o Summing up the information needed to assess suppliers operational performance
o Driving for cultivating and maintaining the supplier relationship.
- Contribute to the development and the implementation of the overall procurement processes
- Take proactive actions to improve and increase efficiency of Supply Chain
Profile of the Procurement Manager
- Experience in the space sector is essential.
- Experience in a procurement role will be preferable. However, we are open to profiles that have extensive experience in sales or project management.
- Good knowledge on procurement activities
- Understanding of space systems and associated technical drivers
- Exposure to the Space environment will be highly preferred but we are open to experiences within Aerospace, Defence and other Industrial engineering practices
- Ability to do individually steer price/contract negotiation and resolving disputes
- Ability to challenge statements of work and challenge technical offerings
- Proactive attitude and self-motivated / self-starter with ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others
- Bachelors or Masters/MBA (preferred) with minimum 3 years’ experience including some procurement, sales or project management experience
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.