Principal Software Systems Design Engineer – MILSAT
Sapienza are recruiting a Principal Software Systems Design Engineer to work in the US to assist in the development of a new global military satellite communications (MILSATCOM) ground system that will manage transmission of protected tactical waveform — a type of secure, anti-jam communication — over existing satellites and terminals.
The successful candidate will drive the hub system engineering in a fast paced agile environment. We seek candidates who have strong skills in agile methodologies, system design and software development. You will be involved in the development life-cycle from idea creation to development. This position will place you in a role where you have the opportunity to make an impact on the results of our client’s project.
Responsibilities of the Principal Software Systems Design Engineer – MILSAT
- Experience of satellite hub/gateway system design to work from system requirements through to system delivery
- Develop robust system and high level software designs that meet requirements
- Perform trade analyses on various design options
- Collaborate with customers, software engineering and program management to develop system design solutions that meet requirements.
- Resolve system design issues raised by implementation teams in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure that all requirements are traceable to implementation and test cases including assistance generating effective test plans.
Profile of the Principal Software Systems Design Engineer – MILSAT
- BS in engineering related discipline
- 10+ years system design experience including the development of system design documents
- 10+ years of software development experience in C and C++
- 10+ years experience reviewing software implementations to ensure they meet system requirements
- 10+ years Experience of system design of complex communications systems
- 10+ years Experience writing technical documents for external customers
- 10+ years Experience of computer networking principles
- US Citizen
- MS degree
- Experience working on government systems and/or government process environment
- Experience working in agile project environment.
- Experience working on satellite telecommunications systems.
- Experience with a requirements management tool (e.g. DOORS)
- Experience with a configuration management tool (e.g. Clearcase)
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including ability to make persuasive presentations to external customers
- Experience with Networking protocols (Layer 2, Layer3), packet flows, queuing and prioritization schemes
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.