Principal Engineer – Software
Sapienza are recruiting a Principal Engineer to be based in the US to work within our client’s software development team, where you would help develop software applications.
The right candidate will be working on developing client/server applications that are used to carry different types of traffic based. The traffic between the client and server is prioritized based on classification rules.
Responsibilities of the Principal Engineer – Software
- Design and develop secure, innovative solutions for terrestrial systems.
- Technical lead responsible in leading a multi-functional engineering team.
- Contribute to all aspects of the product life cycle (requirements, concept, design, development, automated testing and support)
- Work effectively across multiple functional groups.
- Provide training to Sales and Operations on new solutions and technologies.
Profile of the Principal Engineer – Software
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience in development in networking technologies.
- 10+ years solid knowledge of development in C and C++.
- 10+ years of experience in system design and software development.
- 5+ years of experience in development related to networking technologies.
- 5+ years of Scripting skills (e.g., Perl, Python, shell scripting).
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Excellent knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP).
- Linux programming and debugging.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent team work skills, result oriented and self-motivated.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.