Planning & Schedule Officer (ESA-ESTEC)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Planning & Schedule Officer. The work covers foremost schedule control activities and may cover project control, administration support and document management task, as required by the project(s).
Responsibilities of the Planning & Schedule Officer
- Contribute to the preparation, development and maintenance of the overall schedule aspects of the project/missions, including all mission elements. The post holder shall establish and maintain regular schedule reporting from all mission elements, aggregate and integrate the schedules to a project reference schedule
- Advise on Schedule and Control methods
- Assist in establishing schedule data interfaces within the science project and the various mission elements (ground segment, spacecraft, payload, launcher
- Support implementing and operating planning and control procedures to provide full visibility on all activities related to the progress, utilizing established procedures and information systems; the post holder shall interact and, if necessary, provide schedule support to mission participants in industry and academia to ensure the up-to-date and accurate schedule reporting;
- Participate in the establishment of baseline schedule and plans;
- Perform schedule analysis through Critical Path Analysis, Trend Chart Analysis and simulations
- Assist in the identification of potential problem areas and proposing mitigation actions; preparing reports as required
- Verify consistency between the schedule of the project Prime Contractors and the ones of his Subcontractors
- Support in the preparation of tender documents with respect to schedule requirements and participating in the evaluation of proposals; assist in preparing information required for subsequent contract negotiations
- Support the Project Controller(s) of the assigned mission(s) and the Head of the Project Control and Risk Management Service in executing their duties
- Support the consolidation of inputs for the Cosmic Vision overall schedule
- Utilisation of relevant local and/or Corporate management support toolsat both project and programme level.
Profile of the Planning & Schedule Officer
- Master’s Degree in Business/Administration or relevant
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Applicants should have a good working background in scheduling and other disciplines related to the tasks described.
- Experience is essential in the application of schedule management and control principles; the preparation, negotiation and implementation of industrial procurements; the ability to establish/utilize advanced schedule control techniques
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate good planning and organization skills, an ability to synthesize information and a capability to work in a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.