Performance Simulation Engineer (ESA-ESTEC)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an experienced Performance Simulation Engineer to contribute towards all aspects relevant to the mission performance of the Sentinel 4 and Sentinel 5 missions.
Responsibilities of the Performance Simulation Engineer
- Support the verification of mission and system level requirements in the areas of Mission observation and Data products
- Support the procurement and acceptance of simulator, Ground Processor Prototype (GPP) and reference processors
- Support the payload team for aspects relevant to instrument performance requirements flow-down and instrument performance verification
- Support cross-verification activities with the operational ground segment against the Ground Processor Prototype and Reference Processors
- Organise, draft the agenda and convene the meetings to achieve the objectives above.
- Support Head of EOP-PEP in the definition and promotion of generic approach and processes relevant to E2E Mission Performance Chain in coordination with other Mission Performance Engineers
Profile of the Performance Simulation Engineer
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Specific Competence Requirements:
- Knowledge in Satellite environment, Ground System and remote sensing in general is required.
- Candidates shall demonstrate good familiarity with computer programs such as MATLAB and other libraries.
- The candidate shall demonstrate to be proficient with programming tools and languages (e.g. C, C++, Java and Python) and at ease with modern software build systems
- Familiarity with UML.
- In the field of System Management, knowledge of operation system Linux and Windows (mandatory), and Unix (optional).
- Development environments.
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written); knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.