Nuclear & Radiation System Engineer (SME)
Sapienza are looking to hire an experienced Nuclear & Radiation Hardening subject matter expert. The incumbent will develop requirements and architectures that involve all major subsystems of an interceptor or space system, from sensors and electronics to thrusters and power systems.
Responsibilities of the Nuclear & Radiation System Engineer
- The Nuclear and Radiation Hardened Systems Engineer will develop requirements and architectures that involve all major subsystems of an interceptor or space system, from sensors and electronics to thrusters and power systems.
- Experience establishing simulation, testing, analysis, and demonstration of new designs. This experience will be utilized, particularly with capture, where initial technologies and maturation of key enablers support proposal activities.
- You will use your experience as a system designer to develop and execute trade studies, requirements development and flow-down, performance characterization and validation, and requirements verification.
Profile of the Nuclear & Radiation Systems Engineer
- Bachelor s of Science degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Aerospace.
- Eight (8) years of engineering experience in architectural and systems design of missile or space systems including some assignments with radiation effects on electronics responsibilities.
- Applied work experience involving electronics design, test, and analysis.
- Applied work experience involving software design, test, and analysis.
- Experience managing suppliers and coordinating subsystem solutions with them. Experience generating specifications and statements-of-work.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- The ideal candidate will be viewed as an expert and serve as a consultant to the organization in determining and developing required architectures and technologies to achieve organization growth objectives in the area of radiation hardened software and hardware systems.
- Prior history of writing nuclear survivability program plans for programs.
- Excellent system engineering, software development, and analysis skills.
- A passion for learning and inventing software robustness techniques.
- Experience in performance of requirements management tasks
- The ability to interface effectively with customers and IPT members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.