Next Generation Satellite Network Architect
Sapienza is recruiting a Next Generation Satellite Network Architect / Principal Engineer to be based in the US. He/she will contribute to the achievement of our clients’ strategic goals and vision, as well as provide technical management and direction of small to large sized projects.
Responsibilities of the Next Generation Satellite Network Architect
- Contribute to the achievement of the organization’s strategic goals. Understand the organization’s strategic vision; translate it into individual and team goals; and prepare long and short-term plans for getting the stated goals achieved.
- Demonstrate initiative in advancing the technology of the company; vision to identify strategic opportunities and directions in technology trends; and the ability to initiate action to achieve success in strategic opportunities.
- Provide technical management of small, medium, and large -sized projects. Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, direct and control work and resources to successful project completion in terms of schedule, budget, reusability, and future product opportunities. Establish objectives for teams and team members in accordance with project objectives and provide leadership such that team members meet those objectives. Convey high expectations and set aggressive but realistic objectives. Represent the team to management and peers, and keep management apprised of requirements, status and performance.
- Design, implement and test of significant, state-of-the-art networking enhancements mostly in the areas of adapting existing functionality to operate in a variety of virtual machine-type settings.
- Responsible for selecting and applying third party open-source technologies including Virtual Machines, LINUX Containers, VPN and crypto libraries and related technologies for high-speed networking functionality including DPDK, SR-IOV while working through issues associated with those technologies with little or no help from more senior technical staff.
- Responsible for configuring LINUX operating systems (kernel and user environment)
- Review and coach the design and development of networking enhancements.
Profile of the Next Generation Satellite Network Architect
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience in development in networking technologies.
- 10+ years of experience in system design and software development.
- 10+ years solid knowledge of development in C and C++.
- 5+ years network (WAN/LAN) Engineering (both Layer 2 and 3) experience in Service Provider Network or Enterprise Network environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in networking communications protocols (TCP, IPv4, IPv6, IPSec, Ethernet internals) operating a level with some team leadership and demonstrating the ability to effectively produce production-ready solutions without more senior technical assistance.
- 5+ years SDN knowledge and development experience.
- 5+ years of familiarity with standard software engineering practices of version control (clearcase, git), configuration management, testing, root cause analysis and quality assurance. In-depth understanding of Intel IA processor Architecture (CPU micro architecture, cache & memory, IO and virtualization).
- 2+ years of experience on Python programming and script programming such as Perl and shell.
- 2+ years of deploying virtualized application in Linux environments – KVM, OpenStack, VMWare demonstrating the ability to effectively produce production-ready solutions without more senior technical assistance; Linux Networking and administration on OpenStack, VMWare ESXi, KVM, RHEL, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Understanding of SDN architecture and technology (control plane, data plane, management plane, orchestration, etc.).
- Open networking, open API, and open platform development experience.
- Cloud computing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills, results oriented and self-motivated.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.