Mechanical Design Engineer
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer to be based in the UK. He/she will be responsible to deliver mechanical designs and perform structural analysis and tests to fulfill the company needs.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Lead the mechanical design of flight and support hardware.
- Lead structural analysis of flight and engineering hardware.
- Lead structural tests of flight and engineering hardware.
- Dealing with manufacturing supply chain.
- Definition and input to quality and operational excellence processes.
- Definition and involvement into assembly, integration and test activities.
- Mentorship/training/recruitment and motivation of colleagues.
- Support sales, customer support or any other business areas that require technical support as needed.
- Input to technical road-map.
- Assisting company-wide projects and activities as part of the team.
Profile of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Proven industrial experience in product engineering. To have developed several products, seen full cycle including functional and environmental testing involvement
- >3 years’ experience in mechanical design, from concept to drawing for manufacture, knowledge in GD&T using ISO 1101, 2692 & 5458 or ASME Y14.5
- >3 years’ experience in system level structural analysis using Patran/Nastran, Ansys or similar
- Experience in assembly, integration and test of high reliability systems (aerospace, automotive, nuclear…)
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes to aid design for manufacturing
- Experience managing communication with suppliers
- Attention to detail
- Lean/Bootstrap mentality
- Honesty, openness and self-awareness
- Quick to learn and coach others
- Experience in the space sector
- Space systems engineer experience
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.