Manufacturing Engineer III
Sapienza are recruiting a Manufacturing Engineer III to be based in the US.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer III
- Apply the principals, theory and methods of industrial engineering to optimize production systems for the fabrication and assembly of the parts, tools and equipment necessary for the company’s operations in the satellite industry.
- Work closely with the company’s business and production design teams to formulate optimal production processes for new products; work with equipment designers and outside vendors to develop the most cost-effective processes for the production of new products; implement industrial automation to reduce labor costs and improve quality.
- Set detailed specifications for, and implement, production plans, process designs, project timelines and production schedules.
- Execute assembly line design and implementation to optimize inventory control and material flow; establish standard operating procedures for the assembly lines and packaging lines.
- Design and implement testability solutions for the design and manufacturing processes to both ensure quality control and identify and resolve production problems.
- Analyze data and conduct system tests to verify the efficiency, and accuracy of production systems and to ensure the quality of products.
- Prepare plans to transition to and implement new production technology; research, recommend and arrange the purchase of new production, tools, technology and solutions.
Profile of the Manufacturing Engineer III
- Master of Science degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering and 3 years of experience in the job offered or in a related Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering position. As an alternative, a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering combined with five years progressive experience in the position, or in a related Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering position, will be acceptable.
- Two years of experience implementing assembly line rebalancing measures while optimizing unit costs.
- Two years of experience employing industrial engineering data analysis to reduce the cycle-time of production and improve throughput.
- Two years of experience optimizing assembly line shifts and workforce factors.
- Must be eligible to work in the US
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.