Launch Integration and Mission Manager
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an experienced Launch Integration and Mission Manager to be based in the US. The incumbent will manage integration and manifestation of our clients spaceflight hardware on missions to LEO. These missions may launch on cargo resupply vehicles to the ISS, or other launch vehicles (large or small) for direct orbit injection. For our spacecraft manifested on dedicated launch vehicles (as primary or secondary payloads), you will be in charge of interfacing with launch vehicle providers to accomplish successful launch vehicle integration and manifestation. In cases of ISS and/or cargo resupply manifested missions, this role will include support for shepherding the company through the entire ISS Safety Review Process. In both scenarios as a mission manager, you will also be responsible for managing the process related to testing and integrating space hardware with ISS, cargo resupply vehicles, and other launch vehicles particularly as it relates to mechanical, electrical, digital, and/or safety requirements/interfaces.
Our client builds mission hardware and software fast, so the perfect candidate for this role will have significant previous experience designing, developing, and testing space hardware on rapid timelines. We are looking for engineers that enjoy a challenge and have a track record of creative thinking to solve unconventional problems.
Responsibilities of the Launch Integration and Mission Manager
- Lead spacecraft and launch integration and operations activities for specific missions. Coordinate with Spacecraft Systems, Orbit Dynamics, Structures, Thermal, Integration & Test, Mission Ops, and other disciplines as required.
- Organize and represent the company at launch integration & operations reviews with the Launch and/or Hosting Service provider.
- Organize and support mission campaign operations for individual missions.
- Manage all schedule & technical commitments to the Launch and/or Hosting Service provider
- Timely coordination of all launch related items internal and external to the company for specific missions.
- Manage & ensure Export Compliance to all launch related Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs) and Technology Transfer Control Plans (TTCPs).
- Travel as required in support of the launch effort.
Profile of the Launch Integration and Mission Manager
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or other relevant technical degree.
- 10+ years of experience with space related systems
- Experience in spacecraft systems engineering including all aspects of spacecraft to launch vehicle integration is required.
- Should be considered an expert in at least one of the following areas: Orbit Dynamics, Structural Analysis, Thermal Analysis, Systems Engineering, or Launch Systems.
- Significant experience with the NASA Safety Review Process for International Space Station payloads is a plus.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.