JAVA Software Engineer (EUROCONTROL)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a JAVA Software Engineer to work in The European Organization for the Safety of Air Navigation (EUROCONTROL) in Maastricht Upper Area Control Center in the Netherlands. The purpose of the employee will to support the software development of the communication gateway interfaces systems and the Technical Surveillance Complex applications.
Responsibilities of the JAVA Software Engineer
The main task of the employee will be to support the software development of the communication gateway interface systems and the Technical Surveillance Complex applications. The assignment of work to be done can be broken down as follows:
- Analyse specification and system design documents.
- Analyse existing software source code for possible re-use.
- Develop and produce new software modules. This includes design, coding, testing, and related documentation, with the aim of deploying the software modules in the operational environment.
- Participate in peer source code reviews.
- Analyse reported problems and propose solutions. Adapt source code accordingly.
- Analyse potential emerging change requests and propose solutions. Adapt documentation, source code and test accordingly.
- Execute all assignments in accordance with governing quality, safety and security requirements and procedures.
- Ensure maintainability of software code. This could consist in the update of the source to keep it future-proof, highly available while it remains easily maintainable.
- Review some of the current TSC concepts and propose solutions in order to drive short to medium term development.
- The Contractor shall support detailing these improvements.
- The Contractor shall support the analysis of every intended measure as regards the cost-benefit.
Profile of the JAVA Software Engineer
- Higher technical education in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent professional knowledge.
- At least 8 years of experience as Java developer on Linux.
- Experience with JBoss Fuse and/or Spring Boot.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems, and to present key issues and recommended solutions in a clear, structured and concise way.
- Cooperates and works well in a team.
- Well organized and systematic in his/her work.
- Experience with Enterprise Service Bus implementations.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL and accessing databases from Java.
- Experience with broker technologies (Active MQ).
- Experience in producing clear and concise software design and test documentation.
- Experience in test and verification of large IT systems.
- Experience in system management applications.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.