ICT Engineer (Vendor Relations) (ESA-ESTEC)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an ICT Engineer to work in vendor relations who will report to the Corporate Business Process Manager and will be responsible for the optimal selection of ICT Suppliers and ICT products to ensure the best usage of resources and technology for the Agency.
Responsibilities of the ICT Engineer
- Collect capital expenditure information, analyse nature and review supporting documentation to determine eligibility for capitalisation as construction and development assets;
- Overseeing ICT market trends with focus on IT Infrastructure providers for Computer Hardware, Software and networking products.
- Analysis and assessment if trends in the ICT market, build and maintain relationship with ICT market leaders to understand and report on innovative technology to the management.
- Monitoring the product line up and future product roadmaps of exiting ICT suppliers for the agency.
- Analyze and utilize for the agency the competitive developments of key ICT vendors in market
- Engage in regular meetings with ICT vendors and suppliers for price negotiations
- Issue Request for Quotations and Tenders to test the ICT market and select the optimal suppliers for the agency
- Participate in Tender evaluation to support the board while selection of suppliers
Profile of the ICT Engineer
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience;
- A Master’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Deep knowledge of the ICT market, with specific focus on IT Infrastructure products like PC, Laptops, Servers, Workplace related Software;
- Understanding of Enterprise grade ICT products
- An aptitude for effective communication and collaboration in an international and challenging environment;
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.