Flight Software Systems Engineer (ESA-ESTEC)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Flight Software Systems Engineer who will be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division at ESTEC-ESA. Within the Flight Software Systems Section, support is provided to the Earth Observation projects (EOP) of the current and future ESA earth observation missions, e.g Sentinel1, Sentinel2, Sentinel3, EarthCare, MTG. Support is also provided to Science missions such as PLATO, Solar Orbiter, and JUICE. This support includes monitoring and supporting the implementation, verification and validation of Flight Software. She/he shall function as an integrated team member of the development team.
Responsibilities of the Flight Software Systems Engineer
- General Support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities;
- Project support in domain Flight Software development, Verification and Validation on Spacecraft platform and/or payload equipment;
- Adaptation and upgrade ATB EagleEye mission to Time and Space Partitions (TSP) and multicore configurations;
- Integration of TSP based system execution environment;
- Supporting integration of Multicore based system execution environment;
- Support dedicated projects SVF infrastructure development including processor simulator.
Profile of the Flight Software Systems Engineer
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience;
- Master’s Degree in or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline;
- Software engineering and object-oriented programming;
- Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others;
- Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels;
- Unix based systems;
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc;
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN);
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C;
- Knowledge of Space Systems and Space System Engineering will be an asset;
- Experience in Earth Observation and/or Science mission would be considered as an asset;
- The contractor shall be able to function as part of a team. Because of the operational nature of the support, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required;
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.