EEE Component Technology Engineer (ESA-ESTEC)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an experienced EEE Component Technology Engineer to provide technical support in the field of photonic components.
Responsibilities of the Component Technology Engineer
- Providing expert technical support and consultancy to ESA projects, programmes and general studies in the field of photonic components throughout all project phases; with an emphasis on support to detector procurements for ESA projects.
- Requesting support from, defining test plans and reviewing test reports from the EEE components laboratory in physical destructive analysis, constructional analysis or failure analysis of photonics components, and performing laboratory activities as required;
- Defining, initiating and managing R&D activities within the Agency’s technology programmes related to development, evaluation and qualification of photonic EEE Components.
Profile of the Component Technology Engineer
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience;
- A Master’s degree in engineering.
- General background and specific experience in the technical domains covered by the position, e.g. experience in manufacturing of photonic components, or experience in performing inspections of detectors.
- Hands-on hardware experience
- Understanding of related technologies, R&D trends and the industrial landscape
- Project support experience in a relevant domain
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.