ECLIPSE Software System Tester
Sapienza is looking to recruit an ECLIPSE Software System Tester to work within our office in Noordwijk, the Netherlands. The Software System Tester is a member of the ECLIPSE team. The role will involve planning, designing and deploying effective test suites for in-house product development and client software
Responsibilities of the ECLIPSE Software System Tester
- Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfil end-user requirements and identify and resolve systems issues
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and developers in the testing of new software programs and applications
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance and interface specifications
- Evaluate, plan, design, develop, and deploy testing techniques for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product life cycles
- Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, regression and load testing methods
- Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-testing best practices
- Maintain the data in the acceptance environments to ensure that it simulates production data in terms of quality and volume
- Maintain regression test scripts associated with our entire core Applications
- Work with external partners on projects related to test process improvements
Profile of the ECLIPSE Software System Software
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Software System Tester
- Degree in Computer Science or related
- Strong knowledge of Testing which includes Functional testing, System testing, System Integration testing and Regression testing.
- A good understanding of Software quality assurance best practices is highly desirable
- Proven experience in automated testing for web based applications.
- Maintenance of automated regression suites packs to be compliant with changing requirements and features.
- Knowledge of Telerik Test Studio would be an advantage.
- Deploy and run automated scripts in a Continuous Integration environment as part of the build and generate automated test reports for the test runs
- Knowledge of Bug tracking tool JIRA desirable
- Generate Test Reports of Automated Test Runs for each build
- Substantial exposure to project-based work structures
- Experience of Agile (Scrum) project management methodologies
- Foundation ISTQB/ISEB certification would be an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.