ECLIPSE & IT Office Support (SBIC)
Sapienza is looking to recruit an ECLIPSE Support & IT Office Technician to be part of the ECLIPSE Professional Services team. The job position has several layers, as follows:
ECLIPSE Support and Implementation (50%): provide user support and implementation support to clients throughout Europe fulfilling standard requests and taking responsibility for the resolution and escalation of issues from incidents, software problem reports and implementation issues as and when necessary using company systems.
IT Office Support (50%): provide PC / NW / SW support to the Sapienza staff at the offices in Noordwijk. Additionally, provide planned server and platform maintenance, planned configuration and upgrades, and attend operational issues, all related but not limited to: ECLIPSE instances, Mail servers, File shares, etc.
The ability to communicate at all levels is required, as is the ability to create and maintain relevant documentation. The candidate must have proven analytical skills and be capable of discovering and evaluating issues through client communication and self-investigation.
Responsibilities of the ECLIPSE & IT Office Support Technician
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Sapienza ECLIPSE software, and its usage by our customers;
- 1st line / 2nd line Technical Support using web-based ticketing system;
- User administration (i.e. creation of new accounts, password resets & access rights);
- Creation, configuration and maintenance of new Eclipse projects & RID reviews;
- Execution of implementation projects; data extracts, accurate and consistent Data manipulation using MS Excel and migrations according to agreed plans;
- System testing of new and upgraded applications;
- Performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) where appropriate – potentially at customer location;
- Maintaining the ECLIPSE Implementation library and body of knowledge;
- Assist in the creation of product supporting documentation (e.g. User Guides; SW Release Notes, ‘How To’ short guides);
- Maintains professional interaction with end-users while delivering high-quality service, and proactively develop relationships with key ECLIPSE users;
- 3rd line support.
- Provide support to our new web platform
Profile of the ECLIPSE & IT Office Support Technician
- Technical degree in IT, similar or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrable experience in offering software application support;
- Good communicator who is able to explain things clearly & professionally at all levels;
- Ability to establish productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect;
- Approachable to ensure that users want to discuss the Applications in light of their business processes;
- Able to create and maintain relevant documentation;
- Demonstrable analytical skills with the ability to evaluate issues through client communication and self-investigation;
- Good time keeper respecting the business hours;
- Inquisitive and a self-starter who wants to excel in his/her role;
- Organised to ensure actions are tracked and feedback given to users;
- Diligent to ensure that tasks are always addressed;
- Delivers outputs for the tasks assigned within prescribed time, costs and quality standards;
- Highly skilled in MS Office with particular abilities in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word, Web browsers (such as Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, Chrome and Safari), Windows 7, 8 and 10;
- Commitment to continuous development and learning;
- Must have or be willing to undergo security clearance
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- Occasional travel to other Sapienza offices and client sites might be required across Europe.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.