Component Engineer (ESA-ESTEC)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Component Engineer to support the TEC Directorate at the European Space Agency (ESA) in the Netherlands.
Responsibilities of the Component Engineer
- Provide expertise in the field of Passive Components, Discrete Semiconductors for RF and non-RF, Complex Microcircuits for Digital, Analog, Mixed Signal and Microwave, Hybrid Technology, Micropackaging, Optoelectronics (proficiency in at least 4 of the previous 12 categories is required)
- Auditing of component manufacturers and engineering support to the ESCC standardization and qualification program
- Carry out Failure Analysis tasks and other analysis tasks as required
- Prepare reports on the analysis tasks as required
- Support and advice concerning the performance of analysis tasks sub-contracted to external laboratories
- Provide related technical support on EEE components to ESA projects and other D/TEC divisions in the area of hybrid technology
- Provide technical assistance in the definition and to the management of ESA Technology programmes in the field of hybrid technology
- Provide technical input to the formulation, review and maintenance of the technical standards and specifications relating to the evaluation and capability approval of hybrid manufacturers
- Provide technical assistance in the formulation and monitoring of Capability Approval programmes for hybrid manufacturers
- Support ISO certification activities
Profile of the Component Engineer
- PhD or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialization
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in at least 4 of the 12 later categories is required: Discrete Semiconductors for RF and non-RF, Complex Microcircuits for Digital, Analog, Mixed Signal and Microwave, Hybrid Technology, Micropackaging, Optoelectronics
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.