Commercial and Contracts Officer
In support to one of ESA’s ongoing missions (expected to enter the B2 phase in Q3 2020) Sapienza is recruiting a Commercial and Contracts Officer to provide support in the field of contract management.
Responsibilities of the Commercial and Contracts Officer
Responsible for the contract management within a large European project with the responsibility for commercial management related to more than 20 subcontractors. The Commercial and Contracts Officer will provide an “end to end” service and be required to address issues arising with both subcontractors and the customer (ESA).
- Preparation of change notes, alongside Project teams, for submission to the Customer, including receipt, and review of related subcontractor change notes. Subsequent negotiation of such change notes with the subcontractor and Customer and contractual implementation within the current contract baseline.
- Attendance at, and secretary to, Change Review Boards held with subcontractors and the Customer (ESA)
- Management and reporting of accurate financial data, including contract value and changes, invoices processed, and sales achieved.
- Liaison with departments including Business Development/Engineering/Finance/Treasury/Legal and, where necessary other internal business directorates, to ensure consistency of the Commercial approach with relevant procedures and processes.
- Ability to sign CCNs/contracts/subcontracts/ATP to the value of 1,000,000€ under normal contract approval process.
- Co-ordinate where appropriate the subcontractor selection process. Prepare subcontracts, which reflect contract obligations and undertakings and (with project team) negotiate and implement such subcontracts within vetted approvals. Administer such subcontracts as necessary in close consultation with the relevant technical leads.
- Commercial input to vet documents and checking that all the necessary management approvals have been obtained prior to quoting.
- Support negotiations with the customer on medium to large deals. Assist Project Manager with larger negotiations as appropriate and seek Head of Commercial & Contracts guidance and support where necessary.
- On receipt of contract, undertake a review, negotiation and acceptance of Order/Contract alongside the Project team. Ensure subsequently release authorisation and dissemination of information to enable work to commence.
- The administration of nominated contracts to ensure that all Terms and Conditions are being complied with and any situation likely to represent a risk to the Business is dealt with and managed and highlighted to the Project Manager and Commercial Manager.
Profile of the Commercial and Contracts Officer
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience managing commercial contracts with a large number of subcontractors
- Strong knowledge of SAP and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good inter-cultural communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a heterogeneous team
- Previous experience working on ESA missions will be considered a strong advantage
- Fluent in English
- Willing to obtain EU (or UK) security clearances if needed
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.