Business Development Manager – Telecoms
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an experienced Business Development Manager who has a good track record selling Telecoms into the French & European market.
He/she will become part of a team of satellite business development professionals and manage business development activities for 3 verticals:
– M2M / IoT
– Global Tracking
Your portfolio will include both enterprises as well as institutions looking for end-to-end space missions acquisitions. As part of your daily job you will develop local sales team, reseller relationships, distribution channels, manage an extensive sales pipeline, provide product demonstrations to prospective customers, and build strategic business relationships with key institutional and enterprise decision makers.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager – Telecoms
Build market positions by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals
- Develop local sales strategy for France
- Contribute to shaping, owning, and managing the space mission value proposition for the French market
- Execute pre-qualification due diligence of new sales opportunities and evaluate the financial benefit to the company
- Close new business integrating technical, legal, and operational requirements
- Interface with the engineering and product teams; work with both technical and business counterparts in the customer community
- Lead RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs efforts by writing business proposals
- While focusing on commercial sector opportunities, also leverage subsidy and/or public-private partnership programs
- Always be on the lookout to learn new things and share them with the team.
Profile of the Business Development Manager – Telecoms
- 10+ years experience selling complex solutions including hardware, software and services in the French market
- Track record in shaping, negotiating and closing multi-million euro deals
- Proven success in the development and presentation of sales proposals, strategic services solutions and success in selling complex technical solutions to both enterprises and government agencies.
- Experience in building long-term customer relationships
- Experience in leveraging public-private partnership programs
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
- Communicate effectively with engineers, managers, and C-level
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Work effectively in structured or virtual teams
- Ability to make sound decisions with the information at hand, with the end goal of customer satisfaction and positive revenue generation
- Can work extended hours and weekends as per the role’s responsibilities
- Equipped with a strategic outlook, tactical capability, and excellent negotiating & closing skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal. other languages a plus!
- 10+ years experience selling space solutions to enterprises, agencies, and governments.
- Knowledge of the space industry and competitors’ products and service offerings.
- Experience in M2M/IoT
- Must be European citizen, ideally eligible to work in France.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.