Business Development Manager – MoD
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an experienced Business Development Manager to handle the French and other European MoD’s. You will become part of a team of sales professionals and strive in helping our customers solve the world’s biggest challenges through the use of satellite technology.
Your portfolio will include both enterprises as well as institutions looking for end-to-end space missions acquisitions. As part of your daily job you will develop local sales team, reseller relationships, distribution channels, manage an extensive sales pipeline, provide product demonstrations to prospective customers, and build strategic business relationships with key institutional and enterprise decision makers
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager – MoD
Build market positions by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals.
● Develop local sales strategy for European markets.
● Contribute to shaping, owning, and managing the space mission value proposition for the French market
● Execute pre-qualification due diligence of new sales opportunities and evaluate the financial benefit to the company
● Close new business integrating technical, legal, and operational requirements
● Interface with the engineering and product teams; work with both technical and business counterparts in the customer community
● Lead RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs efforts by writing business proposals
● While focusing on commercial sector opportunities, also leverage subsidy and/or public-private partnership programs
● Always be on the lookout to learn new things and share them with the team
Profile of the Business Development Manager – MoD
- 10+ years experience selling complex solutions including hardware, software and services in the French market
- 10+ years experience selling space solutions to enterprises, agencies, and
- Knowledge of the space industry and competitors’ products and service offerings.
- Experience working with MOD clients and institutions.
- Track record in shaping, negotiating and closing multi-million euro deals
- Proven success in the development and presentation of sales proposals, strategic services solutions and success in selling complex technical solutions to both enterprises and government agencies
- Experience in building long-term customer relationships
- Experience in leveraging public-private partnership programs
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
- Communicate effectively with engineers, managers, and C-level
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work
- Work effectively in structured or virtual teams
- Ability to make sound decisions with the information at hand, with the end goal of
customer satisfaction and positive revenue generation
- Can work extended hours and weekends as per the role’s responsibilities
- Equipped with a strategic outlook, tactical capability, and excellent negotiating &
- Fluency in English is a must, both written and verbal. Other languages a plus!
- Must be eligible to work in France
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.