Business Development Manager – Earth Observation
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an experienced Business Development Manager to be based ideally in the United Kingdom, Spain or France. Your portfolio will include both enterprises as well as institutions looking for end-to-end space missions acquisitions.
As part of your daily job you will develop local sales team, reseller relationships, distribution channels, manage an extensive sales pipeline, provide product demonstrations to prospective customers, and build strategic business relationships with key institutional and enterprise decision makers.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager – Earth Observation
Build market positions by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals
- Develop local sales strategy for European Markets.
- Contribute to shaping, owning, and managing the space mission value proposition for European markets
- Execute pre-qualification due diligence of new sales opportunities and evaluate the financial benefit to the company
- Close new business integrating technical, legal, and operational requirements
- Interface with the engineering and product teams; work with both technical and business counterparts in the customer community
- Lead RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs efforts by writing business proposals
- While focusing on commercial sector opportunities, also leverage subsidy and/or public-private partnership programs
- Always be on the lookout to learn new things and share them with the team Skills, attitude and experience
Profile of the Business Development Manager – Earth Observation
- 5-10 years experience selling complex solutions including hardware, software and services in European Markets, ideally with a track record into France.
- Track record in shaping, negotiating and closing multi-million euro deals
- Proven success in the development and presentation of sales proposals, strategic services solutions and success in selling complex technical solutions to both enterprises and government agencies
- Experience in building long-term customer relationships
- Experience in leveraging public-private partnership programs
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
- Communicate effectively with engineers, managers, and C-level
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Work effectively in structured or virtual teams
- Ability to make sound decisions with the information at hand, with the end goal of customer satisfaction and positive revenue generation
- Can work extended hours and weekends as per the role’s responsibilities
- Equipped with a strategic outlook, tactical capability, and excellent negotiating & closing skills.
- Fluency in English, other languages are a plus!
- Must be eligible to work in the UK, Spain or France.
- 5+ years experience selling space solutions to enterprises, agencies, and governments.
- Knowledge of the space industry and competitors’ products and service offerings.
- Experience in Earth Observation/Remote Sensing
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.