Business Development Director
This is a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Director who has a solid successful track record selling into MNOs and IoT Firms across North America. As the Business Development Director you will be primarily responsible for developing our clients’ relationships with Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) and IOT firms in your geographic area of responsibility. You will also be responsible for identifying new target markets and use cases, conducting market research, creating and closing sales opportunities, and developing relationships with new prospective clients.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Director
You will be responsible for leading sales and marketing activities for the United States and Canada. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop relationships with Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) in United States and Canada.
- Develop relationships with IOT firms and MVNOs in the United States.
- Negotiate network extension (satellite fronthaul) agreements with MNOs and MVNOs.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be willing to travel frequently to meet clients face-to-face.
- Identify and evaluate new use cases, and users, of the company’s goods and services.
- Work with the product and technical leadership in the development of the company products and services.
Profile of the Business Development Director
- Significant (10+ years) work experience in sales and business development
- Significant (7+ years) experience selling either technical hardware, software or services, wholesale network services, network equipment, wholesale products, towers, fiber/backhaul, or roaming services to MNOs.
- Proven ability to close contracts with MNOs.
- Strong existing working relationships with MNOs in the United States.
- Strong communications skills to represent the firm in public forums, including commercial sales events, trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Experience with the roaming and messaging products, business models, and services.
- Marketing and communications experience.
- Relationships with executives responsible for messaging in major global tech firms.
- Experience with (and relationships with) GSMA.
- Satellite experience.
- Telecom infrastructure project experience.
- Fluency in major languages other than English (e.g. Spanish, French), are a bonus.
- Must be eligible to work within the US
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.