Vacancy Antenna & Sub-Mm Waves Testing Engineer
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an Antenna & Sub-Mm Waves Engineer with extensive experience in Testing and Laboratory work in the space industry. The position is permanent and will be based in ESA ESTEC (The Netherlands).
Responsibilities of the Antenna & Sub-Mm Waves Testing Engineer:
- Preparing and monitoring Research and Development activities in the field of Antennas. A diverse range of tasks will have to be carried out by the contractor within the above activity domain, encompassing hardware, software and system aspects.
- Provide antenna technical support to ESA projects. This includes “in-house” design and trade-off studies to support both developments and reviews. Tasks will require the analysis and design of reflector antennas and arrays and the calculation of the interference effects between antennas and the spacecraft structure.
- Supporting the Antenna Test campaigns within the ESTEC Antenna Measurement Laboratory, including test definition, test execution and delivery of data/test report to the customer;
- Perform testing activities in Spherical, Planar, Cylindrical Near Field, Compact Range and Material RF Characterisation facilities, including test plans and test setup preparation, operation of the test ranges and analysis of test results;
- Perform research testing activities that challenge the current state-of-the-art in space antenna measurements, aiming at enabling new testing capability and fulfil the needs of future ESA space missions in all space applications (Earth Observation, Navigation, Science, Telecommunications, Human Space Flight and Space Transportation);
- Support the Antenna Measurement Laboratory Maintenance and Equipment Calibration activities;
- Support to Antenna Design and Modelling activities;
- Hands-on antenna modelling support to projects.
Profile of the Antenna & Sub-Mm Waves Testing Engineer:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering;
- At least 4 years of relevant industrial work experience in antenna technologies and experience in antenna testing (with at least some in the space domain);
- Good working knowledge of Near and Far field antenna testing systems;
- Capability for performing activities related to all aspects of testing and integration of antenna systems in an autonomous way;
- General understanding of measurement uncertainty and accuracy;
- Experience in maintenance and calibration of general RF antenna laboratory test equipment and instrumentation;
- Experience with handling of space hardware is considered an asset;
Good working knowledge on antenna systems and design approaches;
- Good working knowledge on latest antenna design and modelling software tools;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset;
- Proactive attitude to solving problems;
- Good organisational skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.