Vacancy Antenna & Sub-Mm Waves Engineer (TT&C PDT)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an Antenna & Sub-Mm Waves Engineer with specific experience in TT&C and PDT antennas, architectures and technologies as applied to space domain. The position is permanent and will be based in ESA ESTEC (The Netherlands).
Responsibilities of the Antenna & Sub-Mm Waves Engineer (TT&C PDT)
- Preparing and monitoring Research and Development activities in the field of Antennas. A diverse range of tasks will have to be carried out by the contractor within the above activity domain, encompassing hardware, software and system aspects.
- Provide antenna technical support to ESA projects. This includes “in-house” design and trade-off studies to support both developments and reviews. Tasks will require the analysis and design of reflector antennas and arrays and the calculation of the interference effects between antennas and the spacecraft structure.
- Providing expert technical support to ESA projects, programmes and general studies throughout all project phases, specifically in the field of TT&C and PDT antennas;
- Participating in project reviews and performing “in-house” design and trade-offs to support project-specific technology developments;
- Defining, initiating and monitoring R&D activities covering both long and short-term needs, specifically in the field of TT&C and PDT antennas;
- Monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise in TT&C and PDT antennas.
Profile of the Antenna & Sub-Mm Waves Engineer (TT&C PDT)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering;
- At least 4 years of relevant industrial work experience;
- Specific experience in TT&C and PDT antennas, architectures and technologies as applied to space domain;
- Knowledge of antenna Space constraints at RF, mechanical, thermal and environmental levels gained from the handling of Flight Model development or R&D development at high TRL level.
- Knowledge of antenna industrial manufacturing, testing processes, architecture and technologies.
- Expertise in using antenna modelling tools (GRASP8, POS4, CHAMP, HFSS).
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.