System Engineer for Exploration Scenario (ESA-ESTEC)
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a System Engineer who will support the Exploration, Preparation and Research Technology Team in ESTEC-ESA, in Noordwijk, the Netherlands..
Responsibilities of the System Engineer
- Leading/supporting the implementation of ESA internal and industrial system definition studies at Phase 0/A/(B1) level, including associated payload and technology development activities, preparing future European activities and projects in the field of human and robotic exploration, addressing missions to Low Earth Orbit, Moon or Mars.
- Interfacing with study scientists and study science teams
- Developing and maintaining key-driving requirements for future ESA development activities for exploration missions at mission, architecture, system and technology level in line with the HRE strategy.
- Monitoring international plans in the field of exploration and supporting, through interactions with international partners, the definition and analysis of future international exploration mission scenarios and associated technology requirements.
- Supporting activities organized by HRE in the field of exploration (workshops, round tables. etc.) and establishing/maintaining HRE databases related to Exploration activities.
- Contributing to the diffusion of the results of the performed activities and the transfer of knowledge across the Agency.
- Supporting HRE for other mission definition-related tasks, as required.
Profile of the System Engineer
- Master’s Degree in Engineering in physics or engineering.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience experience working in planetary mission systems engineering is required.
- Experience of minimum 4 years in space missions systems engineering is desirable
- Knowledge of human and robotic exploration programmes.
- Strong analytical skills and a system-mindset.
- Experience in mission analyses and trade-offs and/or electric propulsion mission design is considered an asset.
- Good analytical, organisational and reporting skills,
- Work experience in an international environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively, autonomously and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary and international team
- Ability to cope with pressure and deadlines.
- Proactive attitude to problem-solving and interest in innovative technologies.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA Member State language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.